How do I connect my gaming console to my network?
Many of the gaming manufacturers now offer games that allow you to use your gaming console to play against users around the world. In order to do this, you will need to do the following:
- Acquire an adapter kit for your gaming console (they vary by manufacturer), and possibly an online account
- Add an Internet connection, typically through a home network using a wireless router and wireless gaming adapter (see our different gaming solutions)
- Acquire a game made for online gaming
Many gamers set up their system to play others through the Internet as shown above. Another option is to play against someone on another console right next to you using the same network using peer-to-peer mode – sometimes known as a LAN party. In this case, you will need the following:
- Gaming console for each person
- Game for each console
- TV for each console
- Router and Ethernet cables to connect to each console, OR a wireless router and wireless gaming adapters for each console
How do I add more storage to my network?