U.S. Robotics Debuts New, Expands Existing, Product Lines at SuperComm 2005
Leader in Network Access and Security Adds Wireless, ADSL2+, and Fast/Gigabit Networking Products
Chicago (June 6, 2005)– U.S. Robotics announced the shipment of its new MAXg product line, as well as the expansion of its existing wireless, ADSL, and Ethernet product families, today at SuperComm 2005 in Chicago’s McCormick Place.
“These latest additions are an indication of how committed U.S. Robotics is to our core customers – small- and medium-sized businesses and savvy home users,” says Tom Pryzgoda, director of global marketing. “The new products provide extended range, speed, functionality, and security to our already trusted and widely used product lines.”
The company, a leader in network access and security for three decades, announced twelve new products at the annual conference for communications service providers and private network managers, including a line of six wireless networking products.
The new product line is U.S. Robotics’ Wireless MAXg Product Family, which provides performance comparable to pre-N products at half the price of MIMO-based products. Shipping to distributors and retail outlets this summer, U.S. Robotics’ new Wireless MAXg Product Family provides up to 50 percent greater range from a single MAXg wireless router or access point. MAXg is the first product family to combine the industry’s latest 802.11g performance and range enhancements.
In addition to increased range and speed, the MAXg router has an integrated print server for simple and easy inclusion of any USB printer into the wireless network. Ease of installation is provided by U.S. Robotics’ distinctive SureStart™ installation wizard while networks are protected with a complete suite of security measures. The first products available at retail include a four port router, an access point, PC Card, and PCI and USB Adapters.
Existing product lines with additions include the Wireless Networking Suite, ADSL, and Fast/Gigabit Ethernet Networking. The new U.S. Robotics products are:
- Wireless USB Print Server (USR5436): The Wireless USB Print Server turns any USB printer into a shared network printer. Easily configured with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, and compatible with 802.11g and b networks, the print server allows printers to be positioned without cabling considerations and to be shared among all users on the network.
- Broadband Router with USB Print Server (USR8001): The Broadband Router with USB Print Server delivers a broad range of capabilities in a compact package. Users can easily share one broadband Internet connection and a USB printer with multiple computers, attach a modem for dial-up backup, and protect a network with advanced security options.
- ADSL Ethernet Router (USR9107): The ADSL Ethernet Router integrates the latest ADSL technology with key features needed for a complete home or small business broadband network. Supporting existing ADSL standards, as well as ADSL2+, the router is four products in one – modem, router, firewall, and print server!
- Wireless MAXg ADSL Gateway (USR9108): The Wireless MAXg ADSL Gateway fits perfects into an existing DSL network to provide wireless connectivity for all compatible devices. The gateway is a five in one solution for network managers, with a modem, router, firewall, wireless access point, and integrated print server. It features the latest ADSL2+ and MAXg technologies
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Ethernet CardBus NIC (USR7903): This 32-bit NIC allows any CardBus-equipped PC to connect to an Ethernet network.
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Ethernet 64-bit PCI Server NIC (USR7904): This 64-bit PCI connector provides superior performance in desktop and server gigabit networking, while supporting flexible Ethernet connectivity, auto-speed detection, auto-switching capabilities, and Wake-on-LAN support.
- Gigabit Ethernet 16-Port 10/100/1000 Unmanaged Switch (USR7932): This switch brings the speeds needed to distribute large files across a network to savvy home and small business users looking for a mid-level switch at an unprecedented value.
Products are available for testing and review by calling Gena Mazzeo at 847-874-2135 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About U.S. Robotics
For three decades, U.S. Robotics has been a leader in network access, delivering the highest quality and most innovative products available. Without losing its focus on the analog modems that made the company a household name, U.S. Robotics is rapidly expanding its category leadership by offering high-speed, broadband modems; wired and wireless networking solutions; and Internet security devices to the growing home, home office, and small- to medium-sized business markets. U.S. Robotics is privately held and headquartered in the Chicago area. For further information, please visit the Web site at www.usr.com.
U.S. Robotics is a registered trademark of U.S. Robotics Corporation. All rights reserved. All other company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.