Support 101 - Where do I begin?
Finding support for your product can seem daunting. However, we've simplified this process by putting together a list of first steps to get you on your way.
- Determine what product you have by finding your Product Code/Number.
- Find your Product Code/Number on the Support Main Menu Page, then go to your Product's Support Page.
- View or download files. Look at our example Support page below, it points out locations on the page for files and offers quick explanations for file types available.
Let's get started!
1. Find your product code. We can help by having you choose your category:
| External Modems/ISDN
| External Broadband/Networking
Note: product codes, product IDs, and model numbers are all very similar.
Product codes typically include "USR", 2 number country code, 4 number model number, and 1 letter revision version.
Product IDs include 2 number country code, 4 number model number, and 2 number revision version.
Model numbers are 4 numbers and do not include revision version.
2. On the main support page, use one of these two ways to select your product:
Use the boxes at the top of page to select your product by categories and then select Drivers, Firmware, Docs and FAQs
Select your product from the lists below the boxes.
Note: If you found your Product Code/Number and do not see your product in the lists, it is either no longer supported or it is manufactured for distribution in another region. There are regional links at the top of the main support page.
Not able to determine your product code: E-mail a technician.
3. After you have found your product's support page, you will have a variety of different files available. Here is a quick description of what may be available. The image on the right shows where they are located on the support page.
- Documents - User Guides (Manuals), Installation Guides, Reference Guides
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions including topics and issues related to the product; i.e., troubleshooting, wireless performance range, product support announcements, V.92 information, etc.