USB Internet Mini Phone
Quick Installation Guide
- USRobotics USB Internet Mini Phone
- USB Cable
- Installation CD-ROM
- Installation Guide
To use the USRobotics USB Internet Mini Phone and Skype™ Internet telephony service, your computer system and environment must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Mac computer with G4 800 Mhz processor or faster
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 Panther or newer
- 512 MB RAM
- USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 port
- 40 MB free disk space on your hard drive
- High speed Internet connection
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Skype software
|Skype||Displays Skype window on computer|
Navigates Skype window tabs
|Up/Down||Adjusts voice volume during calls|
Scrolls through contacts and call history
|Backspace||Press to delete entered digits|
Press and hold to delete all digits
Press to select ring tone for phone
|End||Closes Skype window|
|Send||Accepts and places calls|
Puts active calls on hold
Makes calls on hold active
|Mute||Enters * as a digit|
Press and hold to mute/unmute
|Enter digits 1 - 9|
|Enter digit 0|
Press and hold to enter + prior to
|Warning: ||Skype is not a telephony replacement service. Any VoIP service|
used in conjunction with the USRobotics USB Internet Mini
cannot be used for calls to emergency services or emergency telephone
numbers (311, 911, 112, 999, etc.). Use a land line for
to emergency services, such as police, fire, or ambulance.
- Insert the USB cord into the Internet Mini Phone.
Make sure it clicks into place so that no metal on
the connector is visible.
- Connect the other end of the USB cord to your
computer's USB port.
- Download the USRobotics USB Internet Mini Phone installation package from the USRobotics website.
Note: If Skype 2.0 or later is already installed on your computer, skip ahead to Step 6.
- Download Skype from their website and install, following the on-screen instructions.
- Create a Skype account and add Skype contacts to your contact list. Click Help in Skype for additional information.
- Navigate to the folder where the installation package for the USRobotics USB Internet Mini Phone was created.
- Double-click USRobotics USR Internet Mini Phone.pkg.
The installer's Introduction screen appears.
- Click Continue.
The Select Destination screen appears.
- Select the destination volume where OS X is located.
- Click Continue.
The Installation Type screen appears.
- Click Install.
A prompt appears, asking the user to authenticate. By default, the name displayed will be the account that is logged in.
- Enter password, then click OK.
The Install screen appears, showing the progress as files are copied into the destination volume.
When the installation is successful, the Finish Up screen appears:
- Click Close to finish.
- Open Applications.
- Start USRobotics USB Internet Mini Phone.
- Click Audio Device Settings.
- Under Skype Audio Device, select USB Phone for both Voice Output and Voice Input.
- If Skype is not running, start Skype.
- In Skype, select Tools > Options.
- Click Sound devices.
- In the Skype - Options window, click Make a test call to Skype answering machine and follow the instructions.
Congratulations. You have successfully completed the installation procedure. Please register your USB Internet Mini Phone with USRobotics at www.usr.com/productreg/.
For troubleshooting and technical support, see:
- The User Guide on the USRobotics Installation CD-ROM.
- The Support section of the USRobotics Web site at
Many of the most common difficulties that users experience have been addressed in the FAQ and Troubleshooting Web pages for your USB Internet Mini Phone. The Support pages also contain current support contact information and documentation.