I have a DSL Router/Bridge
or Cable modem that is already serving IP addresses, and the USR8200 becomes
unresponsive when I connect it to the DSL/Cable modem.
- Connect your computer to one of the available LAN ports. (DO NOT connect
anything to the WAN port yet)
- a. Create your user account for the administrator if this is the first
time accessing the USR8200.
b. Login if you have already created your administrator account.
- Click Network Connections on the Left hand menu.
- Click LAN Ethernet.
- Click Settings.
- Change the numeric value for the circled areas in the following image.
Make sure the numeric value is between 2 and 254, and they are the same
numeric value for all the circled areas.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
- Release and renew the IP address on the computer that you configured
the USR8200 on. In Windows 95, 98, and Me, click Windows Start
and then Run. Type command, and click OK. In Windows
2000 and XP, click Windows Start and then Run. Type cmd
and click OK. All Windows users should type
ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew. Close the command
- Connect your DSL/Cable modem to the WAN port of the USR8200.
- Connect the remaining computers to the available LAN ports.