Finding support for your product can seem daunting. However, we've simplified this process by putting together a list of first steps to get you on your way.
Let's get started!
- Determine what product you have by finding your Product Code/Number.
- Find your Product Code/Number on the Support Main Menu Page, then go to your Product's Support Page.
- View or download files. Look at our example Support page below, it points out locations on the page for files and offers quick explanations for file types available.
1. Find your product code. We can help by having you choose your category:
Note: product codes, product IDs, and model numbers are all very similar.
Product codes typically include "USR", 2 number country code, 4 number model number, and 1 letter revision version.
Product IDs include 2 number country code, 4 number model number, and 2 number revision version.
Model numbers are 4 numbers and do not include revision version.
You have chosen Internal Networking.
Your Product Code is printed on a label attached to the bottom of your product or on the board behind the metal bracket. If you do not have the product code written down or do not have the box your product came in, you may need to open your computer. Note: For PC Cards, the label is located on the bottom of the card. See the image below for an example. You will be looking for something such as "SKU number," "Product Number," or a code under the product name. In this case, the Product Code is USR5416.
All networking product codes start with a "USR" and are followed with a series of numbers (possibly a 2 number country code and a 4 number model number) and possibly a letter (Version). For example USR8000A - product code USR8000A, model number 8000, version A. Some labels list the product number instead of the product code, for example 008000-01. If you don't see a USR####, then look for a series of numbers that look like this ######-## (6 digits - dash - 2 digits).
If you have a product code of USR + 6 numbers (for example, USR805416) OR you did not purchase your product in the U.S. or Canada then you most likely need to go to another support section. Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific have different support. Go to www.usr.com/support and select your region.
NOTE:Be sure to look at the label closely, sometimes the FCC model number matches your Product Code. In this case it matches, but be sure to double check.
2. On the main support page, use one of these two ways to select your product:
Use the boxes at the top of page to select your product by categories and then select Drivers, Firmware, Docs and FAQs
Select your product from the lists below the boxes.
Note: If you found your Product Code/Number and do not see your product in the lists, it is either no longer supported
or it is manufactured for distribution in another region. There are regional links at the top of the main support page.
Not able to determine your product code: E-mail a technician.
3. After you have found your product's support page, you will have a variety of different files available. Here is a quick description of what may be available. The image on the right shows where they are located on the support page.
- Documents - User Guides (Manuals), Installation Guides, Reference Guides
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions including topics and issues related to the product; i.e., troubleshooting, wireless performance range, product support announcements, V.92 information, etc.
- Utilities - Software to help you run your networking gear.
- Printer Server File - Files used to make your printer available on your network.
- Firmware - Software that is permanently stored in the product's memory.
- Drivers - Files used to make your product work with Windows or other operating systems; typically an .inf file or embedded in an .exe file. For example, if you update your Windows from 98 to XP, you will most likely need a new driver.
See how we can help build your network.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to stay on top of product releases, special offers, and the latest news.
Activate your USRobotics product warranty online.
Learn how to send your product in for warranty service.